Wow!! We are very pleased to see so many people that are interested in learning more about the Islanders by Choice Alliance. Truth be told, we are almost a bit overwhelmed with the level of interest in our efforts! It is very exciting and our Executive our working hard to ensure we get as much information out there as possible. Clearly many people like the concept of an alliance that is dedicated to creating social and networking opportunities for everyone – Islanders and Islanders by Choice!
Here Are Some Ways To Connect With The Islanders by Choice Alliance
1. Follow us on Twitter – We will be tweeting regular updates about our plans and efforts as we move forward!
2. Ask to join our group on Facebook. Please note that you need to have an account on Facebook in order to do this. Simply search for our group – Islanders by Choice Alliance and submit a request to join. Once you have been accepted to the group you are free to invite others to join as well.
3. Visit our blog on a regular basis. We will be working to ensure it is updated as often as possible and to keep all of the comments flowing. We are still in the early stages of developing things so there will likely be more developed on this site over the next while.
4. Join many of us at the next PEI Tweetup on February 4th, 2011. This is an event that happens three times per year and connects PEI’s Twitter community face to face. The Islander by Choice Alliance developed because of a discussion that happened on Twitter about the issues that IBC’s face when they come to live on PEI. Given this, the PEI Tweetup is a great place to meet many of the people who are involved with this initiative! It is a very open and welcoming event!
5. Plan to attend our first networking event for the Islanders by Choice Alliance! We are working to put together our first event for everyone (Islanders and IBC’s) to attend. We will post more information on this soon so stay tuned!!
6. Add yourself to our new Google Map showing where in the world you are. You can be already living on the Island or dreaming of moving to the Island some day. Simply click on the Edit button and then locate where you live on the map. Then click on the “Add a Placemark” button on the top left corner of the map section. You will then be able to write in details about yourself!